Yogalife South is located in the South Edmonton Common area and have classes throughout the day starting from 6:00 AM to 9:30PM. The studio is warm and tranquil, yet full of life and can be quite busy during peak times. They offer mostly hot flow but also have a variety of room temperature classes as well. I’ve taken quite a few classes here through the years – all hot flow.
Here is my breakdown:
- Location: 2065-98st Edmonton SW, located in the same building as Warehouse One Jeans (map)
- Studio offers heated and non heated classes.
- Style: Hot flow is the primary teaching style but students can also take classes like Hatha, Ashtanga, power upside down, beginners, core, karma and advanced.
- Instructor: One of many lovelies, tonight was Brittany Rudyck.
- Schedule: See class schedule online
- Class Length: 60 min sessions are the most common.
- Price: $17.00 for a drop in. They offer 4 weeks for $40.00 to those new to the studio.
- Parking: Being located in South Common means there is ample parking.
I truly loved tonight’s class, Brittany has a playful way about her. The class was challenging, well balanced, fresh and fun. There was a beautiful balance of supportive alignment cues mixed with yogic philosophies and subtle energy cues. At Yogalife the hot flow classes are not set leaving teachers the freedom to be creative and juicy with their series. I have often found myself in a playful flow, trying new postures and playing with my edge in classes here and being given the option to take my practice further.
The studio is a beautiful space meant to create a comfortable, inclusive environment for the student. As you enter the front doors there is a sitting room with tea, books, couches and yogis lounging about. There are small lockers outside of the change rooms, as well as a filtered water tap. The change rooms have showers and are fairly spacious. There are 2 studios both with the ability to run hot or room temperature classes. The studio can become quite busy during peak time so plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early (don’t forget add in time to navigate South Common traffic!)
Have you been to Yogalife? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!